Pages

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Style Inspiration: Classic Americana



With the 4th of July quickly approaching- my newest style inspiration is everything America, specifically items with a western flair. Here are a couple images of what has been inspiring me recently:
You can see just about every sort of style in the Loop, but it is clear that the popular plaid/ flannel shirts from the fall have transferred into lighter versions for summer. I was lucky enough to find an amazing version for myself at J. Crew yesterday (on sale!) , and I cannot wait to wear it. I am also feeling the urge to invest in a pair of short cowboy boots like these: http://www.freepeople.com/shoes-boots/coachella-boot/, but I might have to hold off because I already own what is probably to many pairs of boots.
Another thing that screams America in classic red, white, and navy. I love the idea of mixing tomboyish pieces- boxing tops, rugby strips, or baggy jeans with girly touches of lace, shimmer, or layers of necklaces within this color palette. If done correctly, it can create some of the most beautiful and interesting ensembles.

One thing that that i am definitely going to have to do soon is create a version of these shorts for myself.
I'm hoping to find an inexpensive vintage pair of cutoffs and paint the stars and strips on using fabric paint pens. It should be fairly simply, but I think it will make a bold statement. Maybe I will have time to get this done so I can sport them on the 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment