Pages

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Cyrus at the Tivoli




Thursday afternoon I attended a screening of the Jay and Mike Duplass movie, Cyrus. This movie stars John C. Reilly and Marisa Tomei as a blossoming couple. Cyrus, played by Jonah Hill, is Tomei's 20 something son in the movie, who has an unhealthy obsession with his mother. The movie explores the troubled relationship of a mother and son while looping it around a romance between two very needy people. It is both romantic and funny at times, but also extremely uncomfortable to watch at many points. Overall, I found it entertaining, but I left the theatre not really knowing how I felt about it. This is definitely not your typical romantic comedy- so if your into movies that are a bit different, you might want to check this out. Here is a link for the trailer if you want to see more: http://www.breakingentertainmentnews.com/watch-cyrus-online-trailer/8883463

What I enjoyed most about this movie was Tomei's characters 70's inspired wardrobe. I loved that she was wearing what appeared to be vintage slips in several scenes, and now I am on the hunt for a few for myself. It is such effortlessly chic style that can be interpreted to your personal taste. I love the idea of layering a few styles in order to create your own look. I am hoping to have time to check out Tag (http://www.tag-stl.com/) this weekend, a vintage store in the the Loop, to find a few for myself. The best things about shopping vintage is that each item is unique and eco-friendly!

No comments:

Post a Comment