Pages

Thursday, June 17, 2010

A Night at Blueberry Hill


My Tuesday night began with a lovely dinner at Pi for a work meeting. If you haven't tried it yet, you need to go. It is some of the best pizza I have ever had and you couldn't ask for better atmosphere. I love the outdoor seating area; it's perfect for people watching (and there is never a shortage of interesting people in the Loop). Having been to both Pi locations, the one in the Loop and the one in the Central West End, I will say that the CWE location definitely has a more intimate feeling and is better for a romantic date night while the Loop location offers a more laid back vibe- perfect for a night our with friends.
After dinner, we weren't ready to call it a night, so me and a few friends decided to head over to Blueberry Hill. I had actually gotten us passes for the concert in the Duck Room that night- One eskimO, an indie rock group from London. The lead singer Kristian Leontiou had a pretty amazing voice and I was upset that we missed most of the show due to our delayed arrival. Even though it wasn't the genre of music I an typically interested in; I am happy I got a taste of their music. It ended up being a very fun evening with just enough cocktails to not hate myself in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment