Pages

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Summer Nights


This past Wednesday evening, myself and a few girlfriends went to check out the Whitaker Music Festival at the Botanical Gardens. I have been a few times in previous years, but this was a first for this summer. There are a couple reasons why I love this event so much:
1. IT'S FREE!!!
2. You can bring your own food and drink (I'm a sucker for a picnic)
3. The music is always pretty good
4. Amazing people watching- the crowd includes families, young adults, older couples- you name it
5. The Botanical Gardens are an amazing place to spend an evening

On the night we attended- the performers were Dawn and the Electro Funk Assembly- a very upbeat group that played a lot of original music along with a few covers (the Michael Jackson cover was my personal fav). Usually the music is more of a blues/jazz style; so it was fun to here something different. This event was the perfect beginning for the evening, and if you haven't gone to a night yet- I encourage you to check it out! Here is the website for more details about the festival: http://www.mobot.org/events/Whitaker/default.asp

No comments:

Post a Comment