Pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

Summer Adventures: Cambridge Coming to a Close

It's crazy to think my study abroad program ends tomorrow. Between all of my weekend travels, daily adventures, and general lack of any sense of time (is it seriously Monday and almost August?)- it really has flown by! While I do crave a few comforts from home, I'm sincerely going to miss this place.

Especially:

- Relaxing afternoon walks in the English countryside


- The impressive architecture of the many (31!) colleges of Cambridge

King's College
St. John's College

- Days spent outdoors by the River Cam (never without a Pimm's in hand)



- Afternoon tea

At Auntie's Tea Room

Yum!

- Visits to local historical sites, such as:

The Cambridge American Cemetery

The Eagle

After Dinner at the Eagle

-  Summer Shakespeare performances

Downing College, Set Up for The Taming of the Shrew


-  AND (of course) all the local Olympic hype

Torch Running at Cambridge 

1 comment:

  1. This makes me want to cry :( So sad its ending- but I cannot wait for our vacay!

    ReplyDelete