Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Summer Adventures: Copenhagen

Vie of One of the Many Canals
   
     This past weekend, I traveled to Copenhagen with a few close friends. While I was a bit unsure of what I'd signed myself up for (due to lack of research), I was pleasantly surprised by the beauty of the city and the friendly nature of the people. I tried to make the most of my short weekend by climbing all 400 steps to the top of the Vor Frelser Kirke for a 360 view of the city, relaxing on a canal tour (which included a view of the Little Mermaid statue based on the Hans Christian Andersen fairy tale), visiting the Rosenborg castle for a taste of the royal life, having a cocktail at an ice bar (literally as cool as it sounds), and popping in the National Museum and Glyptoteket for my art/history fix. I know I know- it sounds like a lot, but no worries I managed to fit in plenty of leisurely lunches along the canal as well. It was an amazing weekend, but now I'm back in Cambridge attempting to focus on classes while planning out my remaining weekend adventures. Can you guess which is winning?

At the Top of the Vor Fresler Kirke


All the Girls Bundled Up at the Ice Bar

Rosenborg Castle

In the Rosenborg Gardens

The Glyptoteket

No comments:

Post a Comment