Pages

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Style Inspiration: Boy Meets Girl


I have been filling up my weeks with quite a bit of traveling, so I haven't been participating in many St. Louis activities. Although I attended a lively Cardinals game this weekend, I doubt that I have enough knowledge on the sport to write an interesting post (don't get me wrong I love sports- just not a huge baseball fan). So.... I decided to write about my recent fashion philosophy: Boy Meets Girl

To me, this means mixing up distinctly masculine pieces with feminine staples. This trend developed awhile back with the popularity of boyfriend jeans and fedoras, but I like to take it a bit further. My favorite outfits include this Free People ruffled layer skirt which I own in cream (http://www.freepeople.com/clothes-skirts/ruffled-layers-skirt/) . It is so girly and playful that I think it is perfectly contradicted by oversized menswear tops. I have been pairing mine with a baggy 3/4 sleeve rugby striped sweater (that I purchased at Soul and Blues in the Loop) For shoes, I have s slip on wingtip style flat that is perfect for a more masculine touch. No outfit is complete without jewelry, so for this look I like to layer several necklaces.
Here is my outfit:

For fall, I am very excited to start mixing in mini skirts and thigh high socks ( a la Clueless) with oversized sweaters. I think it will be the perfect way to mix up my typically preppy style and continue with my Boy Meets Girl obsession.

No comments:

Post a Comment