Pages

Friday, August 13, 2010

Fall into Fashion



I realize that this blog is suppose to based around things in the Loop, and I haven't had any posts including it recently- so here ya go!

This week I redid the windows at the store I work at, Morrell's, in the Loop. It was suppose to be themed around fall/back to school, and I came up with the concept "Fall into Fashion." I bought all of the materials (besides the spray paint) at Goodwill, which was exciting because I love giving old objects a new life. I used spray paint to turn the paintings I bought into chalkboards and old book pages to decorate the walls. To age the pages further, I tea dyed them (basically dip the paper in tea), which I think adds more color and texture to the display. I'm happy with the way it turned out, but looking at it daily reminds how quickly summer is coming to a close.

No comments:

Post a Comment