Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

Pardi Gras '11


We Decorated Matching Ponchos in Case of Bad Weather

This weekend, I participated in the 32nd Mardi Gras celebration in St. Louis. Did you know it is the 2nd largest U.S. Mardi Gras celebration? (or at least that's what they claim.) Although it was pretty chilly, the rain held off (which was amazing because being cold AND wet is the worst!). This event is one of the things my friends and I look forward to most during the spring semester, so I'm happy it was a fun time this year! I spent the afternoon doing a fair share of walking and hurricane drinking and unfortunately felt the effects of both of these on Sunday (but I'm taking that as a sign of a successful day).
Floats in the Parade
The Crowded Streets of Soulard

No comments:

Post a Comment